Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday Afternoon ~~ March 10

CALM SAILING TODAY~~ March 10

After a day and night of rough seas, we have much smoother sailing today. I woke up several times in the night due to the motion of the bed and thinking, “I should have taken a double-dose of Dramamine at bedtime.” But we made our night without incident and have had a good day. It is noon here as I write this. The sun is bright and the sea is a beautiful dark blue. I just came in after reading out on our balcony for a while. There seems to be no greater place of relaxation for me.

We went to our John Maxtone-Graham lecture this morning. It was on a totally new subject but so very interesting. Tomorrow will be another new subject. We have enjoyed listening to him so very much throughout this cruise.

We will be heading to lunch* here in a bit and then a couple of things lined up for this afternoon. We are trying to decide our evening activity from those that are listed as there are so many choices!

We had a nice time at our formal dinner with a good meal. I choose all of the “healthy” choices for my appetizer, soup and salad, and main entrĂ©e but then blew it on the dessert. Oh well… it was “formal night” and that’s always a special time.

Maria, our cabin steward, brought in a scale so that we can weigh our bags once we repack them to make sure we are within airline limits on the weight. I surely hope and pray we don’t have to leave any souvenirs behind. Anyway, I stepped on the scale and by it’s number, I haven’t gained any weight. I don’t see how that could be except that we have had quite a bit of exercise and take the stairs instead of the elevator a lot. But I do think the scale is weighing a little light so will have to take that in account when weighing our bags once they are repacked!

We are nearly halfway of our 2500 miles back to LA. We do have the stop over in Mexico on Saturday so that will be a fun few hours off of the ship before we arrive in LA on Sunday morning.
We are eager to get back home to our family and friends and to check out things on the home front. Until then, we will “endure the drudgery” of being on this ship. (NOT!!!!) I think I’ll wait a couple more hours to post this in hopes that perhaps the “kids” might send us a note when they are home from work. Can you tell how much I’m missing them?!
We hope everything is fine with you and yours. Take care!

*Lunch…. We skipped the restaurants and buffet today and instead grabbed a grilled chicken sandwich and a few fries from the grill. In addition, we "made" our own oriental soup which meant choosing from the myriad of seafood, noodles, vegetables, etc., putting them in our bowl, and then the soup chef adding the broth, cooking our soup in his pot and then pouring it back into our bowls. The one picture is of the chef pouring up the soup we put together. The other picture was made as we are about to partake of our lunch out on the deck where the grill is located. After trying the soup and eating some of it, I decided that I'd rather stick with the "hot and sour" soup that I always get at the Chinese restaurants! The chicken sandwich and fries were yummy!


0 comments: